Introduction to the All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator
The All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator is, as the name suggests, an multi-timeframe forex indicator based on the Moving Average Convergence Divergence. It is a complete trend-following trading tool capable of deriving values from a shorter or longer timeframe and display them on your current chart. Signals provided by the All MACD Adaptive gauge are based on crossovers. If you are familiar with Moving Averages, you will quickly learn that tool either.
The All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator fits all kinds of timeframes and currency pairs. It is displayed in a separate window placed just below the main trading chart. The default settings can be modified directly from the input tab. Feel free to experiment with the settings and parameters to fit your personal preferences.
How does it work? How to apply in trading?
Trading Rules Explanation
The All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator applies a dual MA crossover system along with a thick bars cloud based on a 15-day Sine Weighted Moving Average (SWMA). The moving averages used to identify the crossover trend signals are 9 VWMA (Volume Weighted Moving Average) and 21 LWMA (Linear Weighted Moving Average).
Follow these steps for a long trade:
- The 15 SWMA (thick bars) of All MACD Adaptive turns green color
- 9 VWMA moves above 21 LWMA
- Buy trade is triggered after the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss a few pips below the last low point of the market
- Take profit or exit trade whenever the 15 SWMA of All MACD Adaptive bars turn red or use your own preffered method of trade exit
Follow these steps for a short trade:
- The 15 SWMA (thick bars) of All MACD Adaptive turns red color
- 9 VWMA moves below 21 LWMA
- Sell trade is triggered after the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss a few pips above the last high point of the market
- Take profit or exit trade whenever the 15 SWMA of All MACD Adaptive bars turn green or use your own preffered method of trade exit
As always, to achieve good results, remember about proper money management. To be a profitable trader you need to master discipline, emotions, and psychology. It is crucial to know when to trade, but also when not to trade. Avoid trading during unfavorable times and market conditions like low volume/volatility conditions, beyond major sessions, exotic currency pairs, wider spread, etc.
How to set up the All MACD Adaptive MTF indicator in MT4?
Download the All MACD Adaptive MTF.rar archive at the bottom of this post, unpack it, then copy and paste the All MACD Adaptive MTF.ex4 or All MACD Adaptive MTF.mq4 indicator files into the MQL4 folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can gain access to this folder by clicking the top menu options, which goes as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Indicators (paste here).
Now go to the left side of your MT4 terminal. In the Navigator find the gauge name, right-click it and select Attach to the chart.
All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator Free Download
To download the All MACD Adaptive MTF Indicator for Metatrader 4 (MT4) for free just click the button below: